For over 20 years I’ve worked in a wide range of sectors from FMCG to technology, from catering to investment banking, and from the arts to the public sector. I’m now a self-employed consultant focussing on marketing and performance coaching.
An ex-fashion model and fashion & textiles student, with a degree in economics, a postgraduate diploma in marketing and a postgraduate diploma in digital marketing, I’ve maintained my Chartered Marketer status since the mid-1990s. Making sure I’m at the top of my game – up to date with the latest legislation, procedures and innovative techniques – is important to me.
Along the way, with my desire for learning and developing, I’ve qualified in a number of other subjects including business and finance, copy writing, photography and even holistic massage. I’m ITEC qualified. I also hold a certificate in nutrition.
My career has been varied, challenging and interesting. I’ve covered many different roles, met a wide range of people, worked in totally different environments and most of all I’ve learnt lots along the way. I started my marketing career designing artwork for the Cover Girl cosmetic brand. Since then I’ve continued expanding my knowledge. Here’s just some of what I’ve achieved:
- written technical user guides for trading systems,
- analysed businesses working within the European equity team of an investment bank,
- developed marketing materials for start-ups to global institutions,
- project managed the design and implementation of a cross-border CRM system,
- initiated and developed business leads across Europe,
- written a full range of procedures for doctors wanting to work in the UK, written technical user guides for a leading software house and written RFPs for investment banks,
- developed the entire branding for a search firm and for a number of startups and small businesses,
- organised trades shows, promotional events, and parties for a wide range of companies and individuals,
- consolidated marketing materials and standardised documentation,
- voluntarily ran a social networking group for women for over 25 years,
- developed communication strategies for a number of catering companies,
- devised strategies for attracting and retaining high end donors for a major arts venue as well as for a private client portfolio team,
- written marketing plans, strategy documents, investor pitches, scripts, questionnaires,
- advised sole traders, mentored school leavers and Chartered marketers, and coached many,
- initiated and coordinated successful fundraising initiatives,
- project managed various global initiatives from web development to social media.
I’ve worked for blue chip multi-national organizations. I’ve also worked for mums desperate to return to the workplace. No client is too big or too small. I welcome you all.
I’m a mum of two, an organizer of many, a blogger and a budding photographer. I’m a mentor through the Chartered Institute of Marketing, support NCS The Challenge, and run the Canary Wharf Coaching Community. Perhaps not surprising, I’m also a sweetie addict yet as soon as I can escape to the countryside for a Forrest Gump style walk I will.
I’m told I’m a calm influence with a good sense of humour. I’m professional, a traditionalist, with a creative mind. I maintain discretion at all times.
I set up www.cvornotcv.com because I wanted to combine my experience, skills and knowledge to continue to help initiate and implement positive and appropriate change for businesses and individuals.
So that’s me. Let me know where you’re at and what can I do for you.